Why do we avoid mercury in our office?
The silver-hued fillings called dental amalgams were used for decades by most dental offices across the country. While they didn't cause problems for everyone, research has found that the mercury content of these fillings can vaporize over time, causing a high level of exposure to patients. Mercury exposure can cause brain and kidney conditions, as well as other health problems. The FDA has stated the amalgam fillings should not be used in children under 6. We want to provide the safest dentistry methods to our patients, which means we never use mercury-based fillings.