We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to transitioning closer to our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at TLC for Smiles. Our infection control processes are created so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our team and patients safe.
We will continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are up-to-date on all new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our team and your family. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will beasked those same questions again when you arrive to the office.
• Initial patient check-in will occur outside the office. We will take your temperature and require signature of a COVID-19 consent letter. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• Reservations will be managed to allow for social distancing. Only patients will be able to enter the office. Parents, guardians, and friends will have to wait in the car. Please take that into account when making your reservation(s).
• Our waiting room will no longer offer seating, magazines, beverages, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste will NOT be available at the office, so please BRUSH AT HOME before you leave for your reservation. We will require, and provide, a 30 second 3% Hydrogen Peroxide rinse (Diluted 2 parts water to 1 part H2O2) at the office before we begin the any treatment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep our team, you, and your family, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Schrodi and TLC for Smiles Team